All details about the car HERE at Jan B. Lühn
For the first time since the famous F40 LM / GTE, Ferrari features a 8-cylinder turbo in their GT race cars again.
Since winning its debut race in 2016, the turbo-engined 488 GT3 has rocketed to status as one of the most successful models in Ferrari history. With a current overall and class tally (through January’s 2021 Gulf 12 Hours) of 355 victories, 640 podiums and 91 championships across 636 races. Impressive!
Specific history of this car:
Chassis 4236 was sold new in 2016 to the Ferrari racing Team Clearwater for their Asian racing program (Clearwater was also running a 458 GTE and later a 488 GTE in WEC) as Blancpain GT Asia and ALMS.
2016 racing activities:
• 15 May, GT Asia in Yeongam – Mok / Wee, R1: 8th, R2: 10th
• 3 July, GT Asia in Okayama – Mok / Bruni, R1: 8th, R2: 5th
• 17 July, GT Asia in Fuji – Mok / Wee, R1: 11th, R“: DNS
• 30 Oct, ALMS in Zhuhai – Mok / Sawa / Griffin, 2nd
• 4 Dec, ALMS in Fuji – Mok / Sawa / Griffin, 7th
In 2017 the car was purchased by the Ferrari Works Team AF Corse in Piacenza to run the car in different championships:
• 8 Jan, ALMS in Buriram – Mok / Sawa / Griffin, 6th
• 22 Jan, ALMS in Sepang – Mok / Sawa / Griffin, 4th
• 30 April, GT Open in Estoril – Perazzini / Cioci, R1: 4th, R2: 3rd
• 7 May, BSS in Brands Hatch – Casé / Quaife, R1: 3rd, R2: 3rd
• 4 June, Italian GT in Misano – Malucelli / Cheever, R1: 5th, R2: 2nd
The last weekend of July was rather tragic for the Ferrari-Kaspersky team. James Calado put the car on pole position for the race with a lap time of 2:17,390 – beating the old lap record for GT3 cars by 0,730 seconds! During the race day, the Ferrari trio was in the lead for more than half of the race distance, when Marciello in a Mercedes GT3 crashed into the Ferrari and finished their promising race!
• 3 Sep, GT Open in Silverstone – Rizzo / Moiseev, R1: 3rd, R2: 1st
• 1 Oct, Blancpain Endurance in Barcelona – Calado / Cioci / Fisichella, 18th
After its racing career the car was restored by AF Corse back to its World famous Kaspersky livery as it raced in 2017 in the Blancpain Endurance Championship as a Ferrari factory supported car. Today #4236 is for sure one of the most important and famous Ferrari 488 GT3 available.
The chassis milage is today 19.500 kilometers, engine and gearbox are at 7.500 kms.
This is a rare opportunity to find one of the coolest Ferrari 488 GT3 for sale! The car is still eligible for various racing series as well as the highly prestigious Ferrari Club Competizioni GT events.
Details about the auction HERE at RM Sothebys Auction