For sale at RM Sotheby’s Munich Auction – 2000 Ferrari 360 Challenge
All details and pictures HERE at RM Sothebys
Offered Without Reserve – Estimate 70.000,– to 90.000,– Euro
- Campaigned in the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli from 2000 to 2004
- Driven by prominent GT drivers including Massimo Di Risio, Vitaliano Maccario, and double-IMSA GTD-class champion Alessandro Balzan
- Subsequently sold to—and upgraded aerodynamically—by Italian GT team, Scuderia Giudici
- Competed in the International GT Open series in 2006 and 2007, gaining class wins at Vallelunga and Monza, further to 2nd-in-class at Brands Hatch
- Benefits from a June 2023 service by official Ferrari service centre, Passione Sportiva
- Presented with Ferrari Challenge and Open GT logbooks
Originally sold to the Di Risio Competizione team for use in the popular Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli, chassis 119529 was driven by several notable drivers between 2000 and 2004. These included team owner Massimo Di Risio, Vitaliano Maccario, and future Sebring 12 Hour class-winner, Alessandro Balzan. The car contested four seasons in the series—visiting historic circuits such as Monza, Mugello, Imola, and Vallelunga—prior to its sale to Scuderia Giudici, the eponymous team of accomplished endurance and sometime DTM competitor, Gianni Giudici.
In Giudici’s custody, the car was upgraded aerodynamically to comply with the regulations of the International GT Open series, in which it competed in 2006 and 2007 with Giuseppe Arlotti and Fabrizio Gini driving. Highlights of the team’s campaigns included class wins at Vallelunga and Monza, 2nd in class at Brands Hatch, and 3rd at Magny-Cours. The Ferrari’s full race history can be viewed on the RM Sotheby’s website and in its history file.
This 360 Challenge benefits from a service by official Ferrari agents Passione Sportiva of Austria as recently as June 2023. This included the replacement of its timing belt, belt tensioners, and all fluids. This prodigiously fast track day weapon awaits its next owner as a worthy contender for entry to many of the relevant historic races for which it is eligible.