WEC 6H Shanghai

challenger24

Re: WEC 6H Shanghai

Post by challenger24 »

LMGTE Pro

The GTE Pro class is the closest of the four championships, with only one crew managing to win more than once so far this year. Aston Martin Racing's Nicki Thiim and Marco Sørensen have a 10 point margin over Ferrari’s Sam Bird and Davide Rigon, but there are only a few circumstances which would result in the Danes taking the GT Drivers' title in China. To do so, the No.95 Aston Martin would need to score the maximum 26 points for victory and pole position, with the No.71 AF Corse Ferrari finishing sixth or lower and the No.97 Aston Martin of Darren Turner and Richie Stanaway fourth or lower.  

Similarly, in the FIA World Endurance Cup for GT Manufacturers, Ferrari lead Aston Martin by just three points. Both championships look set to go the full distance and be settled at the final round of the season, the 6 Hours of Bahrain.
wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

lokal time
14947823_1257439810979137_4693187725351699768_n.jpg
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Local EU time

Free Practice 1
Fri 4th Nov - 03h00

Free Practice 2
Fri 4th Nov - 08h30

Free Practice 3
Sat 5th Nov - 02h00

Qualifying - LMGTE
Sat 5th Nov - 06h30

Qualifying - LMP
at 5th Nov - 07h00

Race
Sun 6th Nov - 04h00
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Follow the session live http://live.fiawec.com
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Where to follow the 6 Hours of Shanghai on TV

With championships on a knife edge, and titles to be captured in China, the scene is set for another incredible battle of skill, passion and strategy to take place this weekend.  The previous round ended with just 1.4 seconds between the first and second placed LMP1s and only 1.3 seconds between the top two in LMP2…you really can’t afford to miss a second of the FIA World Endurance Championship!  The full distribution list can be found HERE.
The eighth and penultimate round of the WEC, the 6 Hours of Shanghai, takes place on Sunday 6 November at the impressive Shanghai International Circuit.  The challenging 5.4 kilometre, 16 turn trackwill test the drivers, although the unpredictable weather conditions of previous years don’t look as though they will be a factor in 2016 - sunshine is forecast for the whole weekend. 
If you are unable to attend in person – missing out on what is likely to be an incredible spectacle of the world’s most sophisticated and high-performing sports prototypes and GT cars racing making their annual visit to China – don’t worry!  The WEC has put together a comprehensive list of live television coverage to be shown via major broadcasters around the world, ensuring that you don’t miss any of the WEC action.

ASIA PACIFIC
With Baxi DC Racing Alpine and its Chinese drivers David Cheng and Ho-Pin Tung looking to perform well at its home race, Eurosport will broadcast the race LIVE across the Pan-Asian region while China’sLeTV web-based channel,which has a reach in China of over 80 million homes, will show the full race live.
AUSTRALIA
As Mark Webber’s driving career draws to a spectacular close, he will be hoping to add a fourth victory to his 2016 tally.  Fox Sports Australia will show the full race live on FS2 from 13h30 AEDT.
JAPAN
J-Sportsis one of the WEC’s most loyal broadcasters, and will show the full race live to 8 million homes on starting from 11h30 local time.  

EUROPE
Continuing their full commitment to the WEC, the full race is being shown LIVE AND DIRECT on Motors TV across Europe, on ORF in Austria, on L’Equipe 21 in France, and on BT Sport in the UK.  Everyone is waiting to see who will be crowned 2016 WEC champions!
Eurosport 1will show the final stages of the race (08h30-10h15 CET) across Europe including Germany, France and the UK.
AUSTRIA
ORFwill show the full race LIVE and direct, free to air on ORF Sport Plus, from 03h50 to 10h20, capturing the drama of the race which features three Austrian drivers in three different classes.
DENMARK          
With Aston Martin Racing’s Dane Train of Marco Sørensen and Nicki Thiim leading the LMGTE Pro category, TV2 Sport will show the FULL RACE LIVE starting at 03h55 CET.
FRANCE
Continuing its excellent coverage of the WEC, L’Equipe 21 will show its free-to-air broadcast LIVE from start to finish, beginning at 03h45.  Motors TV will also show the race live across Europe, and French viewers will no doubt be keen to see Signatech Alpine capture the LMP2 Championship.
GERMANY
Porsche could claim its second consecutive World Endurance Championship in China, and Sky Deutschland will show LIVE news edits throughout the race to keep German fans up to date.
UK
Britain’s ever-growing endurance racing fan base can watch LIVE action on BT Sport 1, including all the build-up from 04h45. There are 20 British drivers in the race, across all four categories, and the interest is high in Great Britain.

THE AMERICAS
With Mexico’s RGR Sport team challenging for LMP2 victories and the WEC having made its mark in Latin America this year, LIVE coverage is being continued in Central, South and North America.  The whole race will be shown live on FOX Sports and Fox Latin America.
UNITED STATES, CANADA, CARIBBEAN
FOX Sports will broadcast LIVE the entire race from start to finish starting on FS2 for the first three hours, and then on FS1 for the final three hours.  They will follow the fortunes of the American teams and drivers fighting for championship titles as well as all the other well-known automotive giants racing for WEC supremacy.
CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA
The full race will be shown live from 21h00 Mexican time throughout Central and Latin America. 

OTHER BROADCASTS
In addition to a number of different news access options across the UK and Europe, including the WEC’s digital media partner Motorsport.com, fans worldwide can follow the race LIVE on HD with commentary led by John Hindhaugh and Graham Goodwin, on the FIA WEC APP, plus full time keeping live. 
Additionally Eurosport Player will show the full race live, as will LeTV in China, while on Fox Sports Go in North America, Canada and the Caribbean there will be full race coverage live.
As ever Radio Le Mans will have full radio coverage live on their digital platform.
woody

Post by woody »

The #51 488 driven by Bruni and Calado MUST win this weekend in Shanghai to keep their slim hopes of the title alive...as of now the #51 pilots sit 24 points behind the leaders driving the #95 Aston....but the #71 Ferrari of Byrd and Rigon sit second in the points, just 10 points behind the "Dane Train" drivers in the #95...I watch the WEC on the WEC website live stream, the cost is very worth it to see the races commercial free!!!... :D
Attachments
IMG_1381.JPG
Last edited by woody on Fri 4. Nov 2016, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Cross our fingers ;-)
woody

Post by woody »

My wife works this Sunday....I'll be able to watch the entire race in peace and quiet...the last 3 races were on Saturday and she's always making me do things, wanting to talk and women just can't shut the hell up for more than 2 damned minutes and at least she knows that during LeMans that she is not allowed to talk to me...
F355CH

Post by F355CH »

woody wrote:My wife works this Sunday....I'll be able to watch the entire race in peace and quiet...the last 3 races were on Saturday and she's always making me do things, wanting to talk and women just can't shut the hell up for more than 2 damned minutes and at least she knows that during LeMans that she is not allowed to talk to me...
I know this ;-)

But on sunday the race starts at 04.00 am, so a good time for us.

What you think, #83 will make it? or in 2 weeks, or not?
F355CH

Post by F355CH »

woody wrote:My wife works this Sunday....I'll be able to watch the entire race in peace and quiet...the last 3 races were on Saturday and she's always making me do things, wanting to talk and women just can't shut the hell up for more than 2 damned minutes and at least she knows that during LeMans that she is not allowed to talk to me...
try this for your wife ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240