Ferrari GT - Kaspersky Motorsport - Driver line-up 2017

challenger24

Ferrari GT - Kaspersky Motorsport - Driver line-up 2017

Post by challenger24 »

There's going to be a BIG announcement tomorrow. Stay tuned...
image.jpeg
Homepage Kaspersky Motorsport http://www.kasperskymotorsport.com
Alex

Re: Ferrari GT - Kaspersky Motorsport - Driver line-up 2017

Post by Alex »

Interesting, what could it be?
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

We will see tomorrow...
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Blancpain GT Series: two Ferrari 488 GT3s, entered under the SMP Racing and Kaspersky Motorsport banners respectively, will be operated by AF Corse in the Blancpain GT Series in the GT3 PRO category next season.

Each of the cars should feature at least one factory driver. It is to be underlined that, according to Sportscar365, Ferrari’s increased effort in the Blancpain GT Series was already in the works “prior to the latest developments in the WEC”. The decision comes following a dominant year for the Prancing Horse in both the GT3 PRO AM and GT3 AM classes. For now it seems the WEC programme will not be stopped despite a controversial season. On the McLaren front Strakka Racing has recently announced it will join the Blancpain GT Series too, bringing on track four 650S GT3s.
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

AF Corse Poised for Blancpain GT Pro Cup Entries in 2017
image.jpeg
The Ferrari 488 GT3 car is set to be represented in the Pro Cup class of the Blancpain GT Series next year, with AF Corse poised to run two of the turbocharged Prancing Horses.

Sportscar365 has learned that the Amato Ferrari-owned team is finalizing efforts that would see a car each entered under the Kaspersky Motorsport and SMP Racing banners, potentially with a factory driver in both lineups.

It’s understood Giancarlo Fisichella, who took part in the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup in a Pro-Am Cup-entered AF Corse Ferrari, has already been allocated for the increased effort.

A formal announcement from Kaspersky is expected to be made next week in Rome, while the Russian-backed SMP squad is set to shift its GT3 efforts back to the SRO Motorsports Group-run championship following a season in the ACO’s Michelin GT3 Le Mans Challenge.

News of Ferrari’s increased Blancpain GT effort came during last weekend’s FIA World Endurance Championship round in Shanghai, where the Italian manufacturer disputed the current Balance of Performance in the GTE-Pro class.

It’s understood both Pro Cup entries were already in the works prior to the latest developments in the WEC, although additional factory support could instead be shifted to Blancpain GT amid rumors of a possible reduced effort in the World Championship next year.

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/af-co ... i-entries/
F355CH

Post by F355CH »

Kaspersky Motorsport has announced today that Giancarlo Fisichella and Marco Cioci have been confirmed in the all-new driver lineup for the Blancpain GT Endurance Series season 2017.

After only two seasons in the Blancpain GT Endurance Series with AF Corse, the Kaspersky Motorsport team has renewed its program by choosing an all-new professional lineup.

In signing Fisichella, the team add one of the most experienced racing drivers in the world with the goal firmly set on podium finishes.

Fisichella has raced in 229 Formula 1™ Grand Prix’s since making his debut in 1996. He brings a wealth of experience with some incredible career highlights: 13 years at the very pinnacle of motorsport, Formula 1™, a Le Mans Series winner, a 24H of Le Mans winner and a WEC champion.

Giancarlo Fisichella said: “This is a new opportunity with a new team. Ferrari has always been a big player in the motorsport world that brings incredible experiences and long-lasting memories to racing fans worldwide. Kaspersky Lab is a brand that is doing great things in cybersecurity, keeping the world safe online, and I’m happy to be able to support this message indirectly too. Together with Ferrari and Kaspersky Motorsport I look forward to developing the new car to perfection and hopefully contribute to writing more racing history”.

With a third mystery driver yet to be revealed, driving alongside Fisichella and Cioci in the Ferrari 488 GT3, Kaspersky Motorsport is looking forward to revealing the full line-up soon.

Marco Cioci said: "It’s a great feeling for me to have the support of the Kaspersky Motorsport team. I believe in their approach and they believe in me. Last season has been about putting the foundations in place for future success. Giancarlo and myself will enable the Kaspersky Motorsport team to harness all the hard work completed this season and translate it to improved results on track in 2017 and beyond. I will give my absolute best and I am very excited for what the future holds at the Kaspersky Motorsport team”.
image.jpeg
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Kaspersky Motorsport Confirms Fisichella, Cioci for Blancpain GT

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/kaspe ... ncpain-gt/

Kaspersky Motorsport announced on Friday that Giancarlo Fisichella and Marco Cioci will join the team’s Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup program in 2017, with the Russian team now setting its sights on the overall honors.

The Italian duo will race an AF Corse-run Ferrari 488 GT3 in the top class of the five-round European GT3 series next year.

The third and final driver to join Fisichella and Cioci in the Endurance Cup is expected to be announced on Monday.

“This is a new opportunity with a new team,” said Fisichella.

“Together with Ferrari and Kaspersky Motorsport I look forward to developing the new car to perfection and hopefully contribute to writing more racing history.”

The former Formula One driver did a partial Endurance Cup program in a Pro-Am Cup-entered AF Corse Ferrari last season.

Cioci, meanwhile, has already been part of the Kaspersky team on several occasions this year.

“Last season has been about putting the foundations in place for future success. Giancarlo and myself will enable the Kaspersky Motorsport team to harness all the hard work completed this season and translate it to improved results on track in 2017 and beyond”.

Alex Moiseev will continue to drive for the Kaspersky Motorsport team in a second entry and will continue his development in GT championships throughout 2017.

“We have a strong driver lineup that will help us develop our car and, ultimately, fight for the win in the championship,” he added.
leopard881

Post by leopard881 »

Great stuff!
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

leopard881 wrote:Great stuff!
Yes, great news, will be a great competition next year specialy at the 24H SPA.

There will also be a third driver anmounced on monday!
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Fisichella to race full-time in Blancpain Endurance in 2017
image.jpeg
http://www.motorsport.com/bes/news/fisi ... 17-848819/

Giancarlo Fisichella will race in the Pro category of the Blancpain GT Endurance Series full-time next season as part of the AF Corse-run Kaspersky Motorsport line-up.

The Italian, a veteran of 229 Formula 1 races between 1996 and 2009, has raced this season in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, partnering Toni Vilander at the Risi Competizione team.

The pair, along with Matteo Malucelli, also finished second in the GTE-Pro category at the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Fisichella, who also took part in three rounds of the Blancpain Endurance series in a Pro-Am cup AF Corse team this season, will be partnered in 2017 by Marco Cioci and an as-yet unnamed third driver.

“This is a new opportunity with a new team," said Fisichella. "Ferrari has always been a big player in the motorsport world that brings incredible experiences and long-lasting memories to racing fans worldwide.

"Together with Ferrari and Kaspersky I look forward to developing the new car to perfection and hopefully contribute to writing more racing history”.

A car was entered in the Am category of the championship this year under the Kaspersky Motorsport banner, with Alexander Moiseev as a full-time driver.

The Russian will continue next year in a second car entered by the anti-virus software firm.