WEC -2017

woody

Re: WEC -2017

Post by woody »

Just got some great news yesterday.....I was chatting with Risi Competizione's crew chief and he said that it is likely that Risi will be at LeMans this year. I was told by one of the Risi crew members at one time last year that Risi would not be going to LeMans in 2017. I was told that it costs upwards of 2 million dollars for Risi to get the car, team and everything over there and back. Risi is a team that shines brightest at these long races, that's their specialty.....they deserve another shot at the top step at LeMans and another shot at defeating those damned Fords and to get back at the Ford team (not the drivers) but those who attempted to intimidate Risi into letting their other cars go by.....Risi looks like it will be at LeMans this June....can't wait!!...
F355CH

Post by F355CH »

Interesting woody, thank you. RISI is a part of the US in LeMans, a real GT part with great history.

Good news.
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

F355CH wrote:Interesting woody, thank you. RISI is a part of the US in LeMans, a real GT part with great history.

Good news.
Agree, Risi is part of Le Mans!
woody

Post by woody »

With AF CORSE and Risi such good friends it will be 3 488's against the 4 Fords....well at least up until the final laps anyways, Risi and AF CORSE will work together for 23 hours against the 4 Fords. I will be positive that AF CORSE will not have the uncharacteristically bad showing they had last year....LeMans is 6 months away...and June can't come soon enough for me...
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Next year BMW and Mc Laren will also fight in GT Pro
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Announcement of WEC season entries : 2 February LIVE online
Invitation_691x461_EN.jpg
The Automobile Club de l’Ouest is innovating and using a totally new format to reveal the lists of entries for the 2017 European Le Mans Series (ELMS), FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC) and the Le Mans 24 Hours.  

Live from Le Mans on Thursday 2nd February 4:00 pm (GMT + 1) the lists will be revealed exclusively on the Internet in a new innovative interactive format. Media and surfers can ask questions via the social networks. On a dedicated stage in a friendly ambiance, the hosts will interview ACO representatives and will have the on-the-spot reactions of key players in the world of endurance thanks to several platforms. Several new subjects will be tackled during this innovative reveal!

Rendezvous on our internet sites and social networks on 2nd February.  

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/announcem ... _4702.html
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

17 WEC Silly Season Update 2: GTE-Pro & GTE-Am

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/2017 ... ro-gte-am/
Fernardi

Post by Fernardi »

This article also makes mention of rumour that Lucas Luhr will replace Bruni..
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Fernardi wrote:This article also makes mention of rumour that Lucas Luhr will replace Bruni..
AF Corse – The Italian squad will return with two Ferrari 488 GTE cars, but still with a to-be-confirmed driver lineup. Former class champion Bruni is at the center of the lineup uncertainty, with the Italian potentially moving to Porsche. 2016 AF Corse drivers James Calado, Sam Bird and Davide Rigon, however, are all expected to be back, with Lucas Luhr rumored to potentially replace Bruni, should the Italian driver depart for the German manufacturer. (2 cars)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Bruni will be in Porsch this year, I bet.