Is there really no Ferrari 348 Challenge on the market and for sale?

challenger24

Re: Is there really no Ferrari 348 Challenge on the market and for sale?

Post by challenger24 »

enzo4re wrote: Mon 25. Dec 2017, 19:44 As much as it pains me to say this, after almost 6 years I am seriously considering selling my 348CH "Factory Challenge" car, #098791- it is #26 of 32 made. It is my second 348CH (I previously owned #94285 for a number of years), and I've loved owning it, but at 65 years old and with increasing orthopedic issues, I am using it less and less, so maybe it's time . . .
I'll post details soon, but for the moment I'll simply say that it is in great mechanical and cosmetic condition (complete "major service" by renowned mechanic Tim Stanford 7 months ago), and is titled and tagged in Florida, driven many times to/from track events at Sebring, Homestead and Palm Beach International Raceway.
Although I keep the car in Florida, I live 1,000 miles away- another reason it is used less than I'd like. I should probably trade it for a street Ferrari- at least that would get more regular use!
I'll be in Palm Beach for the Cavallino Classic in a few weeks (my 27th year in a row- I've attended every one!) in case anyone would like to see it and, as I said, I'll post details soon. In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Ira Schwartz, Esq.
Brooklandville, MD
USA
enzo hello, thanks for posting here. I will also be at Cavallino, so your car will be there?

Great to see you in person.

Post the car please in the Cars for sale section then I have all details and can post it official.

Thanks and have some good days ;-)

Heinz
enzo4re

Post by enzo4re »

THANKS, Heinz! Yes, I will be at Cavallino, as always- I keep the car in PB and always attend the event. In fact, I'm sure you have seen the car before- Grigio Met. w/ red interior.
I'll assemble the details soon and post the car in the For Sale section. See you at Cavallino!
enzo4re

Post by enzo4re »

Just submitted the details on my car in a For Sale ad in the Marketplace section, along with some photos.
I remain ambivalent about selling it, but after much consideration over the holidays, I think it's probably the right decision . . .
Happy New Year to all!
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

enzo4re wrote: Tue 2. Jan 2018, 17:54 Just submitted the details on my car in a For Sale ad in the Marketplace section, along with some photos.
I remain ambivalent about selling it, but after much consideration over the holidays, I think it's probably the right decision . . .
Happy New Year to all!

Here it is :-)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=959&p=5559#p5559

So we have 3, only 3 cars for sale. Not really a lot worldwide.
rolari

Post by rolari »

Is this a real Challenge Car? Not sure but I remember a few ts als Challenge, right?

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Detai ... llenge-car
enzo4re

Post by enzo4re »

rolari: That car is no longer listed on the seller's website and assume it sold, but yes, there were ts Challenge cars, and this was one of them. Even the US-version factory-prepared 348CH cars included some ts models, although I'm not sure why a competitor would want to race a less stiff ts version- this was a "spec" series, so the marginally more flexible ts cars would've been at a bit of a disadvantage.
SoCalTim

Post by SoCalTim »

Seems if you want a 348 ch you will need to pay a premium price. people have figured the 348 and 355 are very rare cool cars.
Heinz stated it nicely in that article that quoted him.

I have people looking for bargains and I wont even reply expect , sorry were on different planets on the price

I have 3 355 all 1995 and a 348 all for sale at the correct price and I mean NOT internet arm chair price

:)
enzo4re

Post by enzo4re »

Understood and agreed, Tim. What I don't understand is why these "streetable" cars seem to bring higher prices in Europe than in the US- since here in America it's harder to get CH cars that can be titled and tagged for street use, you'd think the reverse would hold true.
Maybe the steep decline in Ferrari folks seeking to track their cars (and presumably that includes those who want to be able to drive to/from the track) is responsible??
peejulse

Is there really no Ferrari 348 Challenge on the market and for sale

Post by peejulse »

LOL MotorDean

Beautiful classic car Real classic Ferrari ride... What is the specific name of this color?