348 Challenge Internal Battery Pull and Extinguisher Pull Correct Placement

Stradaleboy

348 Challenge Internal Battery Pull and Extinguisher Pull Correct Placement

Post by Stradaleboy »

Hello all, I am a long time lurker first-time poster. I am currently in the process of preparing a 1992 348 Challenge. My principal question is what is the correct way to install the interior battery disconnect? From most period pictures I see the red battery "key" placed on the passenger side of the tunnel. It is my understanding from research that both the internal cable and the external cable are attached to the red battery "key" at this point with the external pull loop placed just below the windshield on the driver's side. I hope this is all correct if you believe it is not I am all for suggestions. My biggest question is where does the interior pull loop go on the driver's side interior? I am also struggling with the correct placement for the fire extinguisher pull to be placed? Any and all help is appreciated, I have truly fallen in love with the 348 Challenge during this project.
Attachments
2017-04-24_47.jpg
image.jpeg
challenger24

Re: 348 Challenge Internal Battery Pull and Extinguisher Pull Correct Placement

Post by challenger24 »

Will send Pictures of mine soon.
welcome on board ;-)
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Here they are, both Babys different
BB6A5C14-D30E-411C-A56D-271D3AEF49B2.jpeg
87A49EEA-BDC6-45EA-95FD-08CBC181FE77.jpeg
Stradaleboy

Post by Stradaleboy »

Do you have any pictures of where your pull is placed, that is within the drivers reach while fully harnessed in?
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Good question...
Ianbts

Post by Ianbts »

ImageThey took the easy route with mine! Pull on the passenger side.
Attachments
Elec Cutoff.jpg
Stradaleboy

Post by Stradaleboy »

Thank you for all the pictures and information. It seems that there is no standardized placement for the interior pull. I would venture to say that this piece was left up to the driver's discretion. For judging sake, I am thinking as long as it is easily reachable and looks natural in the cockpit we should be safe. Any opinions guys?
Ianbts

Post by Ianbts »

A third option!
Good luck.
Attachments
Interior1.jpg
Liuck420

Post by Liuck420 »

Stradaleboy wrote: Wed 10. Jan 2018, 03:39 Hello all, I am a long time lurker first-time poster. I am currently in the process of preparing a 1992 348 Challenge. My principal question is what is the correct way to install the interior battery disconnect? From most period pictures I see the red battery "key" placed on the passenger side of the tunnel. It is my understanding from research that both the internal cable and the external cable are attached to the red battery "key" at this point with the external pull loop placed just below the windshield on the driver's side. I hope this is all correct if you believe it is not I am all for suggestions. My biggest question is where does the interior pull loop go on the driver's side interior? I am also struggling with the correct placement for the fire extinguisher pull to be placed? Any and all help is appreciated, I have truly fallen in love with the 348 Challenge during this project.
I share mine opinion for the correct position of 2 pull...
First pull
First pull
Second pull
Second pull
For me 99% correct
Robin348C

Post by Robin348C »

Liuck420 wrote: Sat 13. Jan 2018, 11:01
Stradaleboy wrote: Wed 10. Jan 2018, 03:39 Hello all, I am a long time lurker first-time poster. I am currently in the process of preparing a 1992 348 Challenge. My principal question is what is the correct way to install the interior battery disconnect? From most period pictures I see the red battery "key" placed on the passenger side of the tunnel. It is my understanding from research that both the internal cable and the external cable are attached to the red battery "key" at this point with the external pull loop placed just below the windshield on the driver's side. I hope this is all correct if you believe it is not I am all for suggestions. My biggest question is where does the interior pull loop go on the driver's side interior? I am also struggling with the correct placement for the fire extinguisher pull to be placed? Any and all help is appreciated, I have truly fallen in love with the 348 Challenge during this project.
I share mine opinion for the correct position of 2 pull...
Screenshot_20180113-105822.png
Screenshot_20180113-105711.png

For me 99% correct
Mine is at the same position. Both of them.