Cover for 360 N-GT

F355CH

Re: Cover for 360 N-GT

Post by F355CH »

Ivo73 wrote:Great posts !!
Where start ?
Here ...back in time, the 360 GTC had in FIA Version a price of 395'000 Euro.
In ACO Version 410'000 Euro.

Ivo
Thanks Ivo, interesting, did not know the prices in period.
pczarb2

Post by pczarb2 »

Ivo73 wrote:Great posts !!
Where start ?
Here ...back in time, the 360 GTC had in FIA Version a price of 395'000 Euro.
In ACO Version 410'000 Euro.

Ivo
Many thanks for the input, appreciated !
Alex

Post by Alex »

pczarb2 wrote:Not sure I understand the comment Alex.

VIN #131407 was sold as a 360 Challenge car to Scuderia Ecosse on 1st Feb 2003 by Garage Francorchamps. I have a Letter of Authenticity from Stewart Roden @ Scuderia Ecosse. Michelotto N-GT conversion was in 2006.

Thanks to others for the kind comments. As requested, have posted some more pictures taken this morning. Will be in 2 separate posts.

Happy to answer any other questions :D
Sorry, now I understand, thank you
pczarb2

Post by pczarb2 »

No worries :D
Modena Challenge

Post by Modena Challenge »

the 360 N-GT is my favourite design/shape car ever.

I was toying with the idea of getting the full carbon front bumper, bonnet, side skirts and wing for mine then painting it black but never actually got round to it.
Modena Challenge

Post by Modena Challenge »

out of interest will the assembly number prove it is a challenge car ?

there are so many numbers on my car and that leopard dude requires proof! lol

so i'd like to give him some

download/file.php?id=1035&mode=view
pczarb2

Post by pczarb2 »

Yup, the 360 N-GT's a great car.

In terms of yours, I'm new to this Forum ( and other Ferrari Forums ) and there are many people with much more knowledge than me. I'm sure they will weigh in in due course. To answer your main question though, the Assembly Number's probably useful and it would be great if you could share but at the end of the day irrespective of the car's actual provenance it's just held on with 2 rivets right ?

For what it's worth, my personal opionion based purely on what I have read on this and another Forum and in the absence of any other info, is that it's misleading to describe your car as a 360 Challenge Car. If as I understand from others that the VIN stamped on your body/chassis ( under the right front seat ) is for a 360 Modena not a 360 Challenge, then that to my mind is enough for the car not to be considered a true 360 Challenge car. If you then consider the genuine 360 Challenge parts which appear to have gone walkabout / not original:

- chassis/body & VIN
- original steering wheel & paddleshift
- dashboard ( would have been LHD )
- electronic display, data logging etc.
- steering system (which would have been LHD)
- carbon centre console
- twin Premier Fuel System fillers
- twin fuel tanks
- Fire system and electrical cut out switches / pulls on front left wing etc.
- gearbox ( OK, you say the original box is in the spares package but there wasn't a manual 360 CH )
- 360 CH didn't have a manual handbrake
- can't comment on suspension, brakes, engine - don't have the data

To summarise your 360 Modena looks and sounds like a hugely fun car and I'd love to have it in my garage, hell it might even be louder than my Viper :D

However from a purist perspective, I believe a more accurate description for the Brightwells Auction would be 360 Modena with some 360 Challenge parts.
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

pczarb2 wrote:Yup, the 360 N-GT's a great car.

In terms of yours, I'm new to this Forum ( and other Ferrari Forums ) and there are many people with much more knowledge than me. I'm sure they will weigh in in due course. To answer your main question though, the Assembly Number's probably useful and it would be great if you could share but at the end of the day irrespective of the car's actual provenance it's just held on with 2 rivets right ?

For what it's worth, my personal opionion based purely on what I have read on this and another Forum and in the absence of any other info, is that it's misleading to describe your car as a 360 Challenge Car. If as I understand from others that the VIN stamped on your body/chassis ( under the right front seat ) is for a 360 Modena not a 360 Challenge, then that to my mind is enough for the car not to be considered a true 360 Challenge car. If you then consider the genuine 360 Challenge parts which appear to have gone walkabout / not original:

- chassis/body & VIN
- original steering wheel & paddleshift
- dashboard ( would have been LHD )
- electronic display, data logging etc.
- steering system (which would have been LHD)
- carbon centre console
- twin Premier Fuel System fillers
- twin fuel tanks
- Fire system and electrical cut out switches / pulls on front left wing etc.
- gearbox ( OK, you say the original box is in the spares package but there wasn't a manual 360 CH )
- 360 CH didn't have a manual handbrake
- can't comment on suspension, brakes, engine - don't have the data

To summarise your 360 Modena looks and sounds like a hugely fun car and I'd love to have it in my garage, hell it might even be louder than my Viper :D

However from a purist perspective, I believe a more accurate description for the Brightwells Auction would be 360 Modena with some 360 Challenge parts.
Did you mean the right car? Are you talking about the 360 CH what comes to Auction?

This one? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=200
pczarb2

Post by pczarb2 »

Yup, great car but not a 360 Challenge
Last edited by pczarb2 on Fri 28. Oct 2016, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Mangusta

Post by Mangusta »

....a lot of work I think, like the car but
How will accept buyers your work , when you will sell it?
Interesting question

Mangusta