348 Challenge Speedline Wheel / Challenge Brake Duct Clearance

Jasonberkeley

348 Challenge Speedline Wheel / Challenge Brake Duct Clearance

Post by Jasonberkeley »

Hi All,

I've just re-installed a set of original 348 Challenge brake ducts back onto my 348 Challenge car, and at full lock, with no wheel spacers, the tires on the Speedline challenge wheels hit the hard duct portion of the brake ducts.

I'm looking at putting 15mm spacers on to clear this.

Is this a common issue, and the proper solution?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jason
SoCalTim

Re: 348 Challenge Speedline Wheel / Challenge Brake Duct Clearance

Post by SoCalTim »

Yeah the challenge wheels are much bigger then the OEM 17s that were used. Off came the ducts with the 18s. If you run the car low they tend to get ripped off at the bottom also
Mine are hanging on the wall in the garage so I dont further damage them. I run 3 inch flex hose to the brakes to help out
Jasonberkeley

Post by Jasonberkeley »

Tim, we are trying a set of 15mm spacers on the front, which look like they should allow the tires to clear the ducts, and also still clear outer fender lip. Have you (or know of anyone else) tried this or know if it works? Hopefully parts arrive today for us to give it a shot.

Thanks!

Jason
SoCalTim

Post by SoCalTim »

Jasonberkeley wrote: Tue 21. Nov 2017, 18:20 Tim, we are trying a set of 15mm spacers on the front, which look like they should allow the tires to clear the ducts, and also still clear outer fender lip. Have you (or know of anyone else) tried this or know if it works? Hopefully parts arrive today for us to give it a shot.

Thanks!

Jason

It mail make the tail end happy but I'm sure ones you get it on the track you can adjust for about anything, these cars are extremely sensitive to adjustments. Very similar to setting up an Indy car.