For sale - 1998 Ferrari F355 Challenge “Evoluzione”

challenger24

Re: For sale - 1998 Ferrari F355 Challenge “Evoluzione”

Post by challenger24 »

Thanks for posting it Robb.

For me this is for sure on of the best 355 Challenge cars, extreamly detailed restauration, fantastic.

Short info, if someone wants to import the car to Europe, its only 10% becouse its a race car

Good luck with the sale.
Robb

Post by Robb »

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

The car is in the USA in Phoenix, AZ. Not too far away from the ports at Long Beach, California for anyone who would be interested from overseas with a good exchange rate leaning toward a purchase.

I am also open to trades for other Ferrari's or challenge cars in this transaction if buyers have car(s) that you are a bit tired of looking for a new experience.

I really enjoy the car but my brother (partner) in the purchase would like to drive more than 3-6 times per year which is what the race car would likely be used for us. I cannot afford to buy out his part... :)

I am a nut for the Ferrari challenge cars so will likely find another project to restore to hold onto long term - and post about here. Perhaps a 348 or 360 or even another 355 if I find one.

I have the serial numbers for all 40 of the EVO cars worldwide.

I also complete research on the series with many contacts. I look forward to sharing the information on all of my work in the near future once I tidy up some more missing details.

One of the main reasons this car is very special is that in the north american series, most of the teams and cars did not have major sponsors for their cars like "McDonald's" or "Walmart" or "The Discovery Channel". Most of the driver's in the north american series were there only to drive and have a fun weekend whether you were a dentist, an engineer or doctor - they simply did not advertise or have sponsors on their cars - most of the cars were very plain. In Europe, I understand there were more of the larger sponsors on some of the cars.

So the question becomes - do you want a heavily sponsored car or do you want one that had no real livery?

I understand it was a gentleman's series but you cannot shake having a heavily sponsored car's with its impressions on track or within a collection in a garage. It simply is a magnet for attention and the background stories.

I also have a booklet on the car detailing how the team and car came about written by the original driver. Great stories and thoughts. You don't get that with many of the cars - many don't even know who their car's original driver, number, team, or colors were... yet. But I will do my best to continue to assist owners find this information.

Feel free to email or ask me any questions.

Someone will get a great car for their garage.

Robb
robb@williamsonimages.com
F355CH

Post by F355CH »

Are some parts different at the Evo Cars?
Mangusta

Post by Mangusta »

Hi Robb,

Can you please explain the difference between a 1997 factory challenge and a EVO ??

For me roll cage looks different?
What about suspension and exhaust system?

The EVOs shall be 1,5 sec faster the factory challenge cars at fiorano!
There must be a huge different , help us.

Thanks

Mangusta
ShaneLewis

Post by ShaneLewis »

1,5 sec faster at Fiorano?
This is a huge gap!

There must be magnificent difference!
ShaneLewis

Post by ShaneLewis »

Robb, please help us?

Are these parts available?
Andi355

Post by Andi355 »

Hi all!

The 2nd challenge oil cooler is bigger than Standard CH oilcooler, also between
the 2 cylinder banks there is a special connection tube.
Suspension and ABS is different, I think also power steering.
EVOs have not only a single fire extinguisher, they have a complete fire system even for the engine!
Hope this helps.

Andi
Robb

Post by Robb »

Sorry for the delay, I have been on the road for work and it has been all consuming.

Main differences are weight loss, suspension, steering, mechanical durability, and safety systems for the driver.

I have a chart showing the changes from Ferrari that I will try to upload this weekend, but yes that time difference is real. It was posted in Forza magazine and Cavallino.

Robb
Andi355

Post by Andi355 »

Hi Robb!

What about the sale? A lot interest i am sure?!?!?!

Keep us informed, thanks!

Andi