Value question

JdR

Value question

Post by JdR »

Dear all, I am new to this forum. Any idea how much this is worth? Ferrari 355 Ch ZFFXR41B0001079** red on red. It left the factory as a challenge car, as confirmed by Ferrari ("la vettura è nata Challenge dalla fabbrica"). The car has about 8.000 original km and is parked in the garage since 1999 where it was raced for the last time. It is not road registered. The car is exactly in the condition it left the track then. Engine is started every month although it would need revision/cambelt change, etc.
domomodo

Re: Value question

Post by domomodo »

Hello J
first take a look at the market and the asking price.
then the reality ...
for me ( this is just my opinion ) , road going cars are the only valuable one.

in my opinion the real price for a street legal car is 100 to 250 ( 250 is a perfect car with history , 100 pourcents correct to original specifications , with classiche certification )

racing cars , no tittle , from 60 to 130
for me , the car you are talking about could be may be 120 ? depends of the history , crashed ? repainted ? untouched ?......
F355CH

Post by F355CH »

domomodo wrote: Mon 20. Feb 2017, 10:38 Hello J
first take a look at the market and the asking price.
then the reality ...
for me ( this is just my opinion ) , road going cars are the only valuable one.

in my opinion the real price for a street legal car is 100 to 250 ( 250 is a perfect car with history , 100 pourcents correct to original specifications , with classiche certification )

racing cars , no tittle , from 60 to 130
for me , the car you are talking about could be may be 120 ? depends of the history , crashed ? repainted ? untouched ?......
Agree, pointed I would say.

Still the street legal cars are the top versions.

And, I guess in 5 years we are crying about the prices from now.
domomodo

Post by domomodo »

I sold my car last week , it was factory built , street legal and 100 pourcents to 1996 specs ( first paint ! and no restoration except the nomex....)
3 keys ! all the manuals and tools , extra Wheels ( not repainted with correct FIA pirelli tires ) and an extra VID carbon seat....and off course a recent and decent engine service.
the only thing wrong was the suspension springs ( because i was mostly using the car on the street )
the car was 9.5 on a scale of 10 , really a beauty...
In my opinion the next big price step will happen in 10 years , but definitely not in 1 or 2 years ; remember that those cars were 30 to 80 KE no later than 3/4 years ago.....
i am 42 years old and the 355 ( i do not even know about the challenge back in 95/96 ) was my dream car ! of course it is just like a little F40 ( even faster at fiorano ), of course those 355 CH are the last racing analogic ferrari ,and everything about those cars are really cool....
they are very hard to find in good condition and very rare ( some people are saying 109 , but the real number is much closer to 250....) but even if it is the coolest car , we have also to remind that is it not a F40...... take a 355 berlinetta , put big brakes , nice suspension , buckets seats a rollcage and you ll basically get the same thing..... expect that when you crash the car on the track you do not cry ! then try to built a F40 in your garage...
in my opinion the challenge could reach 400 to 400 KE in 5 to 10 years but no more , while F40 will stay around the same price as today .
concerning the racing history.... well what to say ? personally i don' t care of the racing history of the CH , because back in those days it was just a rich gentlemen thing ... we are not taking about LE MANS or big names such as F1 drivers....
So in my opinion CH are still a good investment to do ! but not any CH for me the only valuable car are the street legal one , because it would be stupid to ruin a classiche eligible CH on the track.... remember that for example the original brake discs ( i am talking about the perforated one ) are not even available....
Attachments
IMG_3344.jpeg
IMG_3336.jpeg
IMG_3335.jpeg
IMG_3331.jpeg
IMG_3238.jpeg
IMG_2197.jpeg
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_0072.jpeg
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

What a great car domomodo, where does it went, stays in Europe?
domomodo

Post by domomodo »

thanks a lot , i was loving it , but i was also scared of using it at the end, because it was too nice....
the car stays in europe .
JdR

Post by JdR »

Hi Domodomo,

Thank you for your valuable comments. Your car was (and is stil!) beautifull, and even more.

Having owned a 355 challenge some years ago in the past and used it on tracks quite a few times, I can tell that it is certainly a great car to drive and much sharper that the normal Berlinetta. This is because the center of gravity is lower (although it still has some body rolling) because of the suspensions, but also the brakes never fade. But driven hard on track it appears quite quickly that the 355 Challenge is not a race car. It is half-way between a street car and a race car, somewhat like a Porsche 964 RS. We all know that a 355CH is not much more than a Berlinetta lowered with big brakes, safety elements and better cooling. Also and like you, to me race pedigree for these cars is absolutely irrelevant as the cars were raced by rich guys only, not true pilots.

But that being said, what a great car it is though!!
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Hope this helps and it fits to the discussion.

Here you find nearly all Challenge and GT for sale http://www.fchgt.com/cars-for-sale-3/
Andi355

Post by Andi355 »

I totally agree to Domodomo,

1) Ferrari F355 Challenge cars, not street legal, not all original, not all papers, a lot of repaints and poor shape, no or less history 80...100K €
2) Ferrari F355 Challenge cars, not street legal, all papers , totally original, first paint or one repaint, minor damages, good race history 100...150K €
3) Ferrari F355 Challenge cars, street legal, not all papers, not all original, restored , less race history 150...200K €
4) Ferrari F355 Challenge cars, street legal, all papers threre, ready for Classiche, champion car, minor damages, perfect restored 220...280k €

Andi
axlx

Post by axlx »

I totally agree with Andi,

i don't keep my car for money but because i think F355 challenge will be registrable in collection 90's championship,

I hope in the futur i could participate at le Mans Classic or other in my 355 ch 8-)