ROAD LEGAL 360 Challenge car for sale, 2005 overall winner, Peter Sowerby RHD Manual Brightwells 23rd November 2016

Modena Challenge

Re: ROAD LEGAL 360 Challenge car for sale, 2005 overall winner, Peter Sowerby RHD Manual Brightwells 23rd November 2016

Post by Modena Challenge »

yes the car was raced AND crashed in holland, I mentioned everything above, there is nothing to hide.

google Peter Sowerby Ferrari 360 Challenge

you will find ALL info on the car and its racing
Modena Challenge

Re: ROAD LEGAL 360 Challenge car for sale, 2005 overall winner, Peter Sowerby RHD Manual Brightwells 23rd November 2016

challenger24 wrote:Why you chouse this Auction house, why not one of the big ones?
its local to me, I know I would get more interest and more money potentially putting it through goodwood or similiar but brightwelss are just in town from me, lazy I know but its easier to do.
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Modena Challenge wrote:yes the car was raced AND crashed in holland, I mentioned everything above, there is nothing to hide.

Hello, thank you, that makes it clear.
You should post this to the guys from the Auction to put it to the discription, important details ;-)
Modena Challenge

leopard881 wrote:This is not a 360 Challenge car.
It is a converted standard 360. Body shell, suspension, and transmission are from an ordinary 360.
anyway, someone may like it!
GLWS
come see, look at the video, tub replaced from road car, you will know when you see it! :D
leopard881

Post by leopard881 »

Modena Challenge wrote:
It is a converted standard 360. Body shell, suspension, and transmission are from an ordinary 360.
GLWS
come see, look at the video, tub replaced from road car, you will know when you see it! :D
How comes, that it has got a standard 360 Modena body shell, a standard Modena instrument panel, a standard Modena manual gear box, a standard Modena suspension, and a standard Modena VIN?
Please list in detail, which parts of this auction car here have been once with Peter Sowerby's race car (was it the donor car'), and what has been the VIN of the donor 360CH. What we need, is basically a list of all relevant parts, indicating their true factory origin (what belonged originally to ZFFY51C000128322, and what belonged to the not yet reported donor car(s), and the VIN(s) of the donor cars).
pczarb2

Post by pczarb2 »

Modena Challenge wrote:yes the car was raced AND crashed in holland, I mentioned everything above, there is nothing to hide.

Quite enjoy a good challenge ( if you'll excuse the pun ) :D Would be very interested to know a little more about the history of the original 360 Challenge car ( 1 of 270/247 only ) from which your 360 Road Car ( 8500/8800 (?) ) produced ) seems to have been modified. Based on the photos ( Helmet, Diecast model etc. ) in the Brightwells Description as well as descriptions in other posts, is it correct to assume that:

- the original 360 Challenge car ( yellow #37 ) was the one raced by Michael Pontoriero in the 2004 North American Challenge Series ?
- that the car was then raced by Peter Sowerby in the 2005 European Shell Cup Championship ?

Do you know the VIN of the Challenge car and what happened to that car ? Was it rebuilt after the crash ? Does it still exist ?
Modena Challenge

pczarb2 wrote:
Quite enjoy a good challenge ( if you'll excuse the pun ) :D Would be very interested to know a little more about the history of the original 360 Challenge car ( 1 of 270/247 only ) from which your 360 Road Car ( 8500/8800 (?) ) produced ) seems to have been modified. Based on the photos ( Helmet, Diecast model etc. ) in the Brightwells Description as well as descriptions in other posts, is it correct to assume that:

- the original 360 Challenge car ( yellow #37 ) was the one raced by Michael Pontoriero in the 2004 North American Challenge Series ?
- that the car was then raced by Peter Sowerby in the 2005 European Shell Cup Championship ?

Do you know the VIN of the Challenge car and what happened to that car ? Was it rebuilt after the crash ? Does it still exist ?
unfortunately I don't have the original vin, the auction house spoke to damax (who made it) who have said they are unsure what it was and have no record.

to my knowledge apart from manual gearbox (which is a must) and RHD oh and the road springs everything was done as a pizza top and "re skinned" (original main shell had rear end damage from the crash in holland) the original F1 gearbox is included with the sale, I bought the manual gearbox and supercar rooms installed it.

I have receipts for over £38000.00 sterling in parts and service in my ownership.

the helmet and toy car of Mr Pontoriero was just a random buy I found in Canada, it is not this car. I just thought it would be nice to include in the sale as the helmet is fully working with the OMP coms kit (with bluetooth for your phone and push to talk VHF and music in so you can listen to your ipod/mp3 player) there is also a pack of photo's of Mr P's USA car that will be included.

there is also 2 headsets included that use the same OMP coms kit (you need them because its dead loud!)
Last edited by Modena Challenge on Fri 28. Oct 2016, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Modena Challenge

leopard881 wrote:
Modena Challenge wrote:
GLWS
How comes, that it has got a standard 360 Modena body shell, a standard Modena instrument panel, a standard Modena manual gear box, a standard Modena suspension, and a standard Modena VIN?
Please list in detail, which parts of this auction car here have been once with Peter Sowerby's race car (was it the donor car'), and what has been the VIN of the donor 360CH. What we need, is basically a list of all relevant parts, indicating their true factory origin (what belonged originally to ZFFY51C000128322, and what belonged to the not yet reported donor car(s), and the VIN(s) of the donor cars).
I know you seem to have a big issue about this, as per the other forum and here but if you come and see it, and see the V5 and I take you out for a drive, and you check the car over inside out you will see, things had to happen for it to be road registered in UK there are legal requirements/procedures that need to be followed, and you will see this was all necessary to get it on the road here.

of course I have changed things (mostly added carbon) because its mine and I love it so I spent money on making it more mine, I never bought it to keep in a garage (although it has been kept in a carcoon most of its life in my ownership) I bought it to drive, fast and loud and it does that very very well and for the past 8 months its been my daily car (but I work from home and dont actually drive it every day)

and it has been on the button reliable every day.