Daytona - 2017..

woody

Daytona - 2017..

Post by woody »

I've been talking with Steve Sustich who is mechanic #1 for the #62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488...I asked him how the "roar before the 24" which as I'm sure everyone knows is where the teams work on their race set up, mileage data etc etc..Steve said all went well and now the #62 is now back in Houston with the car stripped to the frame and is going thru an extensive rebuild which he said the motor is completely rebuilt, every bearing is replaced, new brake calipers, steering joints, and particular attention being paid to the electrical systems because of their heartbreak loss at COTA in which the #62 was leading with 10 minutes left in the race and the wiring to the ECU came off. Steve said the team is fired and ready. I'm betting those corrupt bastards at IMSA will not allow the #62 to keep its BOP settings as they were at Petite LeMans where we saw the Risi Ferrari dominate from start to finish. I'm betting the 2017 IMSA season will play out just as it did in 2016 in the #62 will be slowed until they are mathematically eliminated from title contention, then Risi will get an acceptable level of performance. It was like magic when season came to Lime Rock. Last season when they were at the 4th to last race of the season, Risi was faster than all other teams. We all saw last season when the Risi team got the hell away from IMSA and got to LeMans and under WEC car regs that they showed they are as good as any GT team in the world, which says a great deal about them being that they are a one car private team, albeit with some Ferrari factory support. When you're sure how the season will go for Risi, it makes season, which hasn't really started yet, not with excitement that endurance racing is starting up again...

I have also had a few messages with Gianmaria Bruni and I have asked him if he is staying with AF CORSE, he has told me on 3 occasions that for me to be patient. In one of those times I was exchanging messages that he and Vilander are my favorites as drivers but if you do go to Porsche that I will still of course be his biggest fan as a driver but as far teams go, I will remain AF CORSE and Risi and Ferrari fan in general first...

I was watching the new Lexus RCF that will run in the GTD class and it certainly looks good, was just kind of hoping it would have joined the GTLM Class along with the Weathertec Mercedes AMG. There will be 22 cars running in the GTD and 13 in GTLM

I will give any insider info that I get and that if I'm allowed to say anything about the Ferrari teams... :arrow: :oops:
F355CH

Re: Daytona - 2017..

Post by F355CH »

Interesting, thank you woody

For 24H Daytona, the new 911 RSR, what you think?
woody

Post by woody »

One thing about IMSA is that they are corrupt to their core, they will give the BOP advantage to Ford and especially to the Vettes because of Chevy's sponsor dollars in NASCAR. IMSA simply does not want anyone to win their marquee race but the Vettes and secondly the Fords. In the WEC the new 911 will probably get the favorable BOP for LeMans, but since Audi has left racing in the LMP1 class you would think that the WEC would play up the Ford-Ferrari rivalry because the LMP1 class has only Toyota and Porsche which only 2 teams is hardly a race and we know the one privateer team has no chance to defeat either factory squad. As far as performance of the 911, we could not see it at the Roar because all teams were sandbagging, but with its more mid engined layout I'm sure it will be competitive...

I also got some news that made me happy as hell, when Risi Competizione won Petite LeMans, they got an invite to this years LeMans. I was told by the Risi crew chief that Risi would not be going to LeMans only because of money. I asked the crew chief how much does it cost to get the Risi squad and the car and all their equipment on over to France...he said it's about 2 million dollars total. With Risi being a private team, those kinds of funds are not always available, but was told just this morning that it is very likely that Risi will be at LeMans this year. Risi deserves to be at LeMans, I don't know what it is about LeMans and Risi but they seems to shine brightest at LeMans and the longer races. I hope like hell they can make LeMans this year so Risi and especially AF CORSE can beat those assholes at Ford. After Fords actions towards Risi last year I am wanting not only for either Ferrari squad to win the GT-PRO class, I want a Ferrari to destroy the Ford team by multiple laps as Gianmaria Bruni, Toni Vilander and Giancarlo Fisichella did in the #51 Ferrari 458 in 2012 winning by 10 laps over the Vette...

AF CORSE I'm sure will be ready for LeMans this year, their showing last year was so uncharacteristic of their usual very strong efforts. AF CORSE wants nothing more than to beat those damned Fords...

I have still no news as to where Bruni will be driving this upcoming season...as soon as I know anything I will post...
woody

Post by woody »

The #62 Risi 488 is now back from the roar and is now back at the Risi garage for a extensive rebuild...refreshening the engine, all bearings replaced, steering joints replaced, new brakes, new wheel nut for each wheel, all new fluids....this is where Risi gets its legendary reliability and it all starts right here...this photo can only be found here and on my Facebook page...sent to me by Steve...the #1 Risi mechanic...
Attachments
IMG_1626.JPG
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Thank you woody
woody

Post by woody »

I was told by the #2 Risi mechanic Miles Bradly that the Risi Ferrari has not yet dropped out of a race since they started using the 488 and he said the Risi 488 is the highest mileage 488 in top tier endurance racing...contrary to some, the Risi 488 didn't drop out of the race at COTA, with ten minutes left while leading, Fisichella brought the #62 in because a wire (not knowing what the issue was right off) came of the ECU (engine control unit) and was causing a misfire, but they lost the lead but went out a couple laps later. The Risi Ferrari has finished every race its entered thus far....that is an incredible record, and goes to show how good the Risi mechanics really are...
woody

Post by woody »

Just received a message from Mark Sims, the crew chief of Risi....he says the car rebuild is coming along well with no issuesfound thus far. He also says the crew is a bit worn out but not too bad. The car hauler is also being sorted out along with all their other equipment to be ready for another season plus a trip to LeMans...things are progressing well at Risi Competizione...and still no word from Gianmaria Bruni as to his future...patiently waiting on that...
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

55 Entries for Rolex 24 at Daytona

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/55-en ... t-daytona/
image.png
image.png (20.1 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

woody

Post by woody »

The #62 is ready....the car hauler is loaded, next stop....Daytona....enlarge this pic, the small version doesn't do it justice...
Attachments
IMG_1642.JPG