WEC -2017

Alex

Re: WEC -2017

Post by Alex »

Also one 458 GT2 will race again in AM, the really last time!
woody

Post by woody »

I talked with Bruni today, he told me he just can't talk about his decision just yet. He hopes to be at LeMans this year and racing this upcoming season...he said he hopes to be racing this season...that was about all he said in regards to racing, the rest was things about how his wife and daughter are doing and how he's feeling. We also spoke a little about his thoughts how his training is going and what he's been doing with all this free time...but I will post here again when I speak with him next. I understand he has to stay silent, but it's killing me...but I also got some other news but I cannot say anything yet because it's not been released or final just yet...but I will post here when I know for sure and am allowed to post....
Chrixxx

Post by Chrixxx »

for sure he can not talk about as lawyers are involved.
Fernardi

Post by Fernardi »

It's sad he's gone... but that's his decision. So for me, let's look forward. The important things for now is to know who will be the new driver and that they integrate well for excellent results this year.
Alex

Post by Alex »

McLaren will come in 2018? What car?
Chrixxx

Post by Chrixxx »

Welcome Ale Pier Guidi as official Ferrari Works Driver for the 2017 WEC. Replacement of Gimmi Bruni.

Good Choice!
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Cool, good news
woody

Post by woody »

Pier Guidi is a driver with good experience although somewhat erratic drives...also there wasn't much choice for Amato, in my opinion Pier Guidi got the seat in the #51 thru defualt...I'll be interested to see who AF CORSE gets for their third drivers for LeMans....could it be Molina and/or De Vries?...I'm also wondering who Risi will be getting as their third for LeMans, one thing I do know for sure is that Risi will NOT be having Mallucelli because of his errors in Blancpain...
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Alessandro Pier Guidi joins Ferrari as official driver

Maranello, 19 February 2017 – Ferrari has reached a technical and racing agreement with Alessandro Pier Guidi. The Italian driver will compete in the 2017 season of the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) pairing up with James Calado in the 488 GTE no. 51 managed on the track by the AF Corse team.

Pier Guidi will thus join the other official Ferrari GT race drivers.

Alessandro Pier Guidi was born in Tortona on 18 December 1983 and for over 10 years has been one of the top drivers on the GT racing scene. He has over 200 races under his belt with more than 30 victories, the most prominent being the 2014 24 Hours of Daytona in the GTD class at the wheel of a Ferrari 458 Italia.
image.jpeg
Chrixxx

Post by Chrixxx »

woody wrote: Sun 19. Feb 2017, 15:28 Pier Guidi is a driver with good experience although somewhat erratic drives...also there wasn't much choice for Amato, in my opinion Pier Guidi got the seat in the #51 thru defualt...I'll be interested to see who AF CORSE gets for their third drivers for LeMans....could it be Molina and/or De Vries?...I'm also wondering who Risi will be getting as their third for LeMans, one thing I do know for sure is that Risi will NOT be having Mallucelli because of his errors in Blancpain...
its not Amato who decide, the #51 and #71 Drivers are selected (and employeed) by Ferrari Competizioni GT Department. Amato can only refuse a Driver if he doesnt fit in the team.

Ale is one of the fastest GT driver out there, already very well known in the team. his selection is well deserved and makes sense.