WEC -2017

challenger24

Re: WEC -2017

Post by challenger24 »

Porsche Confirms Bruni; Set for Mid-Season IMSA Effort

As expected, Porsche has confirmed Gianmaria Bruni as its newest GT factory driver, following the Italian driver’s exit from Ferrari, which was made official earlier today.

Bruni will join the German manufacturer’s factory effort in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship beginning in July.

“We’re delighted to welcome Gianmaria Bruni, one of the world’s top GT pilots, into our squad,” says Head of Porsche Motorsport, Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser. “He fits perfectly into our strong circle of works drivers and will join us for the second half of the season.”

More to come…
woody

Post by woody »

@chrixxxx....

Makes sense?...if you think so that's great...He was chosen because of his prior history with the team, nobody out there to really choose from with the history in a Ferrari, therefore default..
woody

Post by woody »

Just how I see it...that's all...
Fernardi

Post by Fernardi »

Woody, I believe Pier Guidi was chosen because he is a top drawer GT driver. Yes, Bruni was brilliant, but I think Ale will surprise a lot of people. He is super quick. Pole at Daytona, beating Balzan who I'm sure you'd agree is no slouch. I remember him beating Montermini, Pescatori etc.. in a Scuderia Playteam 360, many years ago. And he was just a youngster then... not that he's old now! I predict the 51 will be super fast and super consistent this year. 😉 He'll be a perfect partnership for James.
woody

Post by woody »

I've actually lost a bit of interest in AF CORSE when they were a huge favorite of mine, the #51 I'm sure will still be a top contender if the ACO reigns in the still too fast Fords and watch their sandbagging...Im very excited for Risi this year, especially when it's time for LeMans, the #82 gave all four of those damned Fords all they could handle last June, and I expect them again to be super fast and reliable. Mark Sims, Steve Sustich and Miles Bradley have proven themselves world class mechanics. I can't even remember when the last time the #62/82 didn't finish a race.....Steve Sustich shared this photo with me of their new refueling rig being tested for delivery accuracy just prior to leaving for Sebring. The Risi mechanics spent 3 late nights in a row getting the #62 ready for Sebring because snow delayed them getting their parts from Maranello, one being the front splitter wrecked by one those damned Vettes at Daytona...but as expected the #62 is ready...the team is now all at Sebring ready for 2 days of testing....hoping IMSA sets back the Fords a little as they are still too fast in my opinion...
woody

Post by woody »

Damn, photo won't load...
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

woody wrote: Wed 22. Feb 2017, 09:50 Damn, photo won't load...
Need help?
woody

Post by woody »

I had a photo Steve sent me from the Risi garage that I wanted to load but it kept saying it wouldn't load....but the photo is on my Facebook page...Steve was testing the new fuel rig and he sent me a photo of it, Steve is very nice in sending me photos no one else gets of many aspects of his work with the #62-#82 and during the crew pit stops...
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

Woody, I am sure you like this ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59
challenger24

Post by challenger24 »

image.jpeg
Di Grassi, Molina Linked to AF Corse Drives

Audi stars Lucas Di Grassi and Miguel Molina could land drives with Ferrari in this year’s FIA World Endurance Championship, following the downsizing of the German manufacturer’s motorsports programs. (En Français)

Endurance-Info has learned that DTM race winner Molina has been linked to the third seat in the AF Corse-run Spirit of Race Ferrari 488 GT3, alongside the previously confirmed Thomas Flohr and Francesco Castelacci.

The 28-year-old Spaniard was part of Ferrari’s recent driver shootout to select its replacement for Gianmaria Bruni in AF Corse’s GTE-Pro full-season lineup, a seat that ultimately went to Italian veteran Alessandro Pier Guidi.

Molina, who has been confirmed for a Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup effort with SMP Racing, also in a Ferrari, could also be set for a full-season WEC GTE-Am campaign, having been dropped from Audi’s DTM lineup due to a series-wide reduction from eight to six cars per manufacturer.

Fellow Audi driver Di Grassi, meanwhile, is expected to be confirmed as a third driver in one of AF Corse’s GTE-Pro entries for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

The Brazilian, who starred at the wheel of Audi’s R18, has shifted his focus to Formula E for this year, although not having ruled out one-off races, such as a run at Le Mans.

Official announcements on both drivers could come later this week during the WEC Prologue test at Monza.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/di-g ... se-drives/